Eastern Star Masonic Retirement Campus is Expanding!

After 83 years of providing care for the elderly, the Eastern Star Masonic Retirement Campus has completed a new addition to the existing assisted living community. The new construction comes after a 5 year study by the Board of Trustees that determined Denver is still in need of additional assisted living and memory care apartments. The building is called the Barry Building.

Once the decision was made to move forward, the Board secured a loan from Colorado Business Bank. The ground breaking ceremony was in September of 2013 with an opening date in the fall of 2014. Previous additions to the community were completed in 1954, adding 12 units, 1959, adding 12 units and 1976 adding 10 units.

The current 1931 building is beautiful, historic and provides care for 42 assisted living residents. In keeping with our non-profit mission to provide affordable care for seniors, the original building continues to feature lower priced assisted living with some apartments dedicated to Medicaid recipients.

Now, with advances in technology and care, the community is embarking on a new addition that will provide a state of the art living environment for seniors who are no longer safe at home. The Barry Building features 48 assisted living and 20 memory care apartments. With the completion of the Barry building, the Eastern Star Masonic Retirement Campus will have a total of 88 assisted living, 20 secured memory care apartments, and 58 independent patio homes.

The amenities and features at the Barry Building will include: 24-hour response system with round the clock staffing and nurse consultation. Kitchenette with full size refrigerator. All utilities paid which include telephone, basic cable, and Wi-Fi. Exercise room, Movie theater and full-service beauty salon and barber. Elegant dining room with fireplace serving 3 meals a day with snack stations located on each floor. Chapel, Library with computer access. Wide selection of social, recreational and spiritual activities. All housekeeping, linen and laundry services provided.

Tours are now available so people can view the entire Barry building. The Grand Opening is Saturday, November 8th from 2-5pm and is accepting deposits. For more information call Diane or Debra at 303-857-5043.

Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 5.28.29 PM

Debra Kirsten (left) and Diane Martini (right) are available 7 days a week to show the new assisted living and memory care building.

Permanent link to this article: https://www.50plusmarketplacenews.com/4492/denver-metro-latest-news/eastern-star-masonic-retirement-campus-expanding